Monday, April 16, 2012

Shhh!


Shatter the glass image time,
Let me see beyond the mask I wore,
Shock me gently if you must.
Lift me above all the gutters of my yesterdays as my battle cry
"NEVER ENOUGH"
Without chemically induced conviction, fades to a broken whisper.
Shhh! My beating heart, it is only I approaching.

 
Sweep away the shards time,
Let me step beyond the broken pieces,
Push me gently if you will.
Push me through the door that stands alone into a world without walls.
Let me drift in supplicatory surrender.
Shhh! My beating heart, it is only conscience encroaching.

 
Destroy my misconceptions time,
Let me confront the lies I loved,
Confess me gently if you can.
Hear how I always sounded in a reality of chemically scripted character.
Shhh! My beating heart, it is just our chapter and verse.

 
Exorcise my misguided fallacies time,
Let me get the joke I lived,
Mock me gently if you do.
Show me how to laugh at the folly of my Internal Anarchies once grand production.
Shhh! My beating heart, it cannot get much worse.

 
Clear the stage time, let me pick the part I play,
Cue me gently if you can, dim the lights and quiet the set.
Pull the trigger, control the bleed,
As the last tear over wasted eternities of yesterday's wells and dramatically rolls.
Shhh1 my beating heart, listen to the echo of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment